St Andrew's was designed by Frederick de Jersey Clere in 1916. It is one of only a few churches built in the Diocese during World War One.
A new chancel and sanctuary were added in 1961.
The green frontal, designed by Elizabeth Auton in 1988, shows the harakeke (flax) which is abundant in the area and represents the Trinitarian life. The purple frontal, designed by Bob Callwood in 1990, links our British heritage and our place in Aotearoa New Zealand.