An accessible, exciting and innovative regional public art gallery which is a source of pride to the Ashburton District community.
* To present a varied, thought provoking and innovative programme of locally, nationally and internationally sourced exhibitions.
* To provide a platform for and to support and promote the exhibition of excellent and distinctive works by local artists.
* To demonstrate regard for the ethnic and cultural diversity of the Ashburton District.
* To care for, develop and optimise use of a permanent collection which establishes a point of difference that celebrates the unique cultural identity of the Ashburton District.
* To form and maintain partnerships with community groups/organisations.
* To maintain networks with artists and arts organisations.
* To be dedicated to improvement and the implementation of responsive services.
* To increase accessibility/awareness of the gallery and its services through a commitment to ongoing education programmes/activities.