They’ve been touted as the best fireworks in Auckland (maybe even New Zealand?!) and they’re back with a BANG to celebrate Auckland’s 181st birthday. Ports of Auckland invites you behind the red fence to enjoy a magical evening of music and fireworks down on Captain Cook Wharf. Best of all? It’s free!
Ports of Auckland’s cornerstone community event, SeePort will look different in 2021. As a result of COVID-19 impacts, the regular three-day festival will be condensed into a one night only concert and fireworks – the SeePort Concert & Fireworks.
The evenings line-up will be fully loaded with local talent, including the renowned Auckland Symphony Orchestra, crowd-favourite White Chapel Jak and others, culminating with Sweet Mix Kids and some of the best fireworks in town!
With the city, harbour and Royal New Zealand Navy's HMNZS Manawanui in view, bring a picnic (or visit one of our many wonderful food vendors) and relax with family and friends as you take in sounds of the strings, wind and percussion. The evening will conclude with a spectacular fireworks finale.
Ports of Auckland’s SeePort celebration of Auckland City’s beautiful waterfront and rich maritime heritage. The family-friendly concert is one of New Zealand’s largest free events, returning in 2021 for its eighth year of seaside fun over Auckland Anniversary Weekend, Sunday 31 January 2021.
- If bringing a deckchair, these must be low-lying chairs as to not obstruct views for others. We’d recommend picnic blankets and cushions. If higher chairs are required for mobility purposes, please find a spot on the wharf where you won’t block the view of others.
- Alcohol can be brought on to the wharf from 4pm in small quantities. No spirits. Please observe responsible drinking and take your rubbish with you. Anyone intoxicated will be asked to leave.
- Please minimise glass brought on to the wharf.
- No dogs permitted on the wharf after 5pm.
- This is a smoke-free event (including vaping).
-Keep an eye on the sky for the fireworks finale around 10pm
- This is a waste-conscious event, please take any waste with you or place it in the correct bin – recycling, compost and landfill bins available on site.
- Line maintenance is expected on some trains services so please visit AT Journey Planner for information on public transport.
Accessibility information is available on our website.
SeePort Concert & Fireworks is one of the events taking place as part of Summernova Festival, an events and activations festival series developed by Auckland Unlimited to wrap around the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada.