In Whanganui, we begin every year with a big, loud, colourful party!
While enjoying an eclectic range of vintage and celebration-themed events, we rejoice in how lucky we are to live in this humming place filled with treasured heritage buildings and framed by a stunning natural environment. We make music and art, we dance, we dress up, we travel in style. All the locals come out and we invite the neighbours to come over - there’s simply no better time to experience the Whanganui feeling, than at our biggest party.
A packed calendar of events and attractions ensures there is something for every party-goer, every day. Our main events and attractions for 2021 are:
- Vintage Social at Porridge Watson Fri 22, 7pm to late
- Whanganui Retro Market along the riverbank Sat 23, 8.30am - 2pm
- Mainstreet Caboodle in the CBD Sat 23, 10am - 12am
- Vintage Fair Sat 23, 10am - 4pm & Sun 24, 10am - 2pm
- Billy Webb Challenge on the river Sun 24, 9am to 12pm
- Riverside Shindig, along the riverbank Sun 24, 12pm to 5pm
- Vintage Car Club events every day in and around the city
- Air Chathams 1945 DC3 scenic flights, Sat 23, Sun 24 & Mon 25
And thanks to our fabulous and friendly family community there are many supporting events in the programme, ensuring so much to do everyday for everyone to enjoy!
For the second year running, Whanganui has been recognised at NZ's most beautiful city - bring the hubby, the kids, the grandies or get your groups of girls together and come and experience the Whanganui feeling with us!