Listen to some of the coolest tales from the ice while enjoying the coolest icy treat!
Antarctica New Zealand is delighted to present Antarctica After Dark for another year. The previously soldout event, MC’ d by beloved comedian Te Radar, featuring Antarctic science stories and soulful songs, is back for 2021. This year’s event will be held at the Arts Centre on the 9th of February. Get in quick to secure your ticket - it was standing room only last time around and we’ve got Ben and Jerry’s on hand to sweeten the deal.
Check out our lineup!
• Prof. Ian Hawes - Science Diving in Antarctic Lakes
• Lizzie Meek - Antarctic Artefacts: Lesser Known Stories
• Prof. Pat Langhorne - Why care about sea ice
• Dr. Natalie Robinson - The ocean connects us
• Vanessa Wells - Thinking outside the box
• Dean and Susanne Anderson - Adélie penguin adventures and challenges
• Jade Tait - Tenei waahi ataahua
• Prof. Tim Naish and Asc. Prof Richard Levy - Melting Ice – Rising Seas
6:00pm – Ben and Jerry’s ice cream stand opens
6:30pm – Doors open
6:50pm – Ben and Jerry’s ice cream stand closes
7:00pm – Doors close and event starts
This event is proudly sponsored the Christchurch Antarctic Office.