This comprehensive certification programme will prepare you to teach Children’s Yoga skilfully and creatively, whilst having loads of fun! It will offer you countless invaluable tools, inspiring ideas and the confidence to share Yoga with children of all ages in your own authentic way!
Why Yoga for Kids?
Research shows that kids learn best with a multi-sensory approach, using kinaesthetic, visual and aural learning. This makes yoga an ideal learning tool.
Yoga for children…
- Improves flexibility, strength and body awareness.
- Enhances self-confidence and positive social interaction.
- Encourages self-expression and imaginative play.
- Improves focus, balance, co-ordination spatial awareness.
- Increases awareness of breathing and deepens the breath.
- Provides a playful, fun way for children to learn how to relax.
- Some people are good at yoga, but not good with kids; some people are good with kids, but not at Yoga (like me).
Michaela is great at both! Add to this her wonderful voice and creative thinking and you have a yoga class that is fun, highly imaginative and leaves kids in a really positive and relaxed state. Highly recommended!
Craig Smith (author of The Wonky Donkey).
What this course covers:
- How to make Yoga fun, relevant and engaging for all ages!
- A huge array of poses, creative modifications and benefits.
- Breathing techniques, both to calm and to energize.
- Partner, group and AcroYoga poses.
- Yoga adventure classes with class plans provided.
- Class structure and sequencing methods.
- Childhood developmental stages, emotional and physical.
- Strategies for teaching engaging, safe classes to different ages.
- Relaxation techniques and creative visualisation for kids.
- The art of Storybook Yoga.
- Yoga games, songs and transition activities.
- Class facilitation skills.
- Practical tips for getting starting - props, location, business ideas.
- Experience lesson planning and practical teaching with feedback.
- Receive winning class plans as templates you can modify.
About Michaela Sangl:
Michaela is passionate about creating imaginative, highly beneficial yoga journeys for children and sharing yoga tools with teachers and parents!
After many years of teaching kids yoga, Michaela’s primary focus is now sharing her wealth of experience and creative yoga tools with educators, yoga teachers and parents through professional development workshops.
Her mission is to empower as many loving adults as possible to share their own ‘yoga magic’ with their tamariki and in doing so, help the next generation deal with challenges and navigate life on this magnificent planet!
Michaela is a 95-hour Children’s & Teens Yoga Teacher (US Yoga Alliance), and a certified Rainbow Kids Yoga teacher and Samadhi Family Yoga instructor.
She completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, with Contemporary Yoga. Other trainings include a Yin Immersion Teacher Training with Joe Barnett and a Partner and Community Yoga certification with Rainbow Yoga in Australia.
Since 2012, Michaela has taught kids, family and teen yoga in Devonport, Ponsonby, Grey Lynn and Titirangi, at numerous schools and preschools around Auckland and at Yoga festivals and events.