MND New Zealand’s volunteer-led event series, Walk 2 D’Feet MND, is returning to Palmerston North.
A sponsored fundraising and awareness walk. Firetrucks, face-painting, auction, and a 3km walk. Family-friendly. Meet at the back of the fire station. Parking on Church Street. Dog friendly. Register to attend in advance and take advantage of an Early Bird discount.
1pm - Registration / gates open
2pm - Walk commences
Walk 2 D’Feet MND is a great way to raise awareness and funds for motor neurone disease (MND) support and research in New Zealand. Walk 2 D’Feet MND provides an opportunity for the community to come together to show that we are united, honour those living with MND, and commemorate loved ones lost to the disease.
Raise funds as part of your support by setting up an online page at www.mndwalk.org.nz.
With your help, we can beat motor neurone disease.
Terms and Conditions:
Participation in the Walk is entirely at your own risk. Upon registering for Walk 2 D'Feet MND, on behalf of all the people you are registering, you:
• Confirm you/they are in good health and suffer from no medical conditions that would prevent you/them taking part. NB people with MND are welcome to participate, please bring your usual equipment and mobility aids, dress appropriately and plan for fatigue.
• Consent to receive medical treatment if deemed advisable.
• Will follow instructions given by the event organisers.
• Have sole responsibility for your/their personal possessions and equipment.
• Permit free use of your/their photograph in print and electronic media.
• Agree that MND New Zealand, its personnel and any other party associated with MND New Zealand, should not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by you/them or injury to you/them arising from Walk 2 D'Feet MND in the absence of gross negligence by that organisation. MND New Zealand's public liability insurance is against third party damage only.
• Confirm that minors under 14 will be accompanied by a parent/guardian and the parent/guardian will be fully responsible for minors in their care.
• Confirm you/they have read and understood the above and by participating in the Walk 2 D’Feet MND, you/they voluntarily agree to the above terms.
Please note, Walk 2 D'Feet MND events will only take place if the region is at COVID-19 alert level 1 or below. Should the region be in COVID-19 alert levels 2-4, we will endeavor to postpone the event to a suitable alternative date, however, when this is not possible, we reserve the right to cancel the event.