The 2020 New & Emerging Leaders Programme
- Developing the next generation of Leaders
This programme is also available in-house for organisations in New Zealand. For an Emerging Leadership Programme customised time to suit your needs contact Mark Wager at Mark@ALI.org.nz
About the programme:
Across the globe, visionary companies are investing in a pipeline of emerging executives who can help them build and secure a competitive edge. This New & Emerging Leaders Programme speeds this time-consuming process by equipping up-and-coming managers with a broader understanding of the global marketplace and a more integrated view of the organisation. Participants will emerge from this programme with the leadership confidence, cross-functional skills, and strategic insights to drive meaningful change, innovation, and growth in any economic climate.
What you will learn:
Focused on leadership, change, and innovation, participants will be empowered to take on the full responsibilities of leadership. This highly interactive approach broadens their confidence to lead high-performing teams that generate future growth. With a broader grasp of leadership, you will return to the workplace ready to identify problems, formulate solutions, and increase productivity.
Part 1: Introduction To Leadership
Many people are given leadership roles because of their technical ability to do the job rather than their leadership skills. Technical skills will only get a leader so far, if they truly want to excel in the role then the need to learn how to lead.
This workshop provides the participants with an understanding of how to influence, inspire and motivate a team.
- The differences between Management & Leadership
- Leadership in New Zealand (Research paper)
- The Psychology of why people follow
- The most effective leadership styles
- How to avoid the common mistakes that new managers make
Part 2: individual coaching
Part 3: How To Develop A Champions Mindset
This workshop is in simple terms sports psychology in the workplace. Regardless of your occupation the barriers preventing you from reaching a higher standard of performance are either technical (lack of skills, expertise or resources) or mental (lack of motivation, self-belief or focus) This workshop shows you how to identify those mental barriers and to develop strategies to greatly improve your performance.
- The differences between a Fixed & Growth Mindset
- How your mindset impacts performance
- How to change your Inner Narrative
- Motivating yourself & others
Part 4: Individual coaching
Part 5: Leading Without Authority
Leadership is not a title or a position it’s an attitude. This 1-day workshop looks at how to influence people regardless of your role within an organisation. Learn practical techniques to influence colleagues & stakeholders.
- How to influence upwards within an organisation
- The Six factors of influence
- Influencing & Persuasion techniques
- How to lead within an organisation regardless of your position
- Dealing with difficult people
Part 6: Individual coaching