Join award-winning cookbook author, food writer and culinary tutor at one of her popular cooking workshops around New Zealand.
An info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops. Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, but it also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation to nourish our bodies. This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon. The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread – (Please note – I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- No-Knead Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf (rectangle shape baked in a tin) – plus variations and additions such as sprouted grains and seeds
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables including seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Yoghurt + discussion on how to use to prepare labneh, cultured cream & butter
+ Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home