Photobook/NZ, New Zealand’s national festival showcasing photobooks by New Zealand and international photographers, opens on Friday 6 March 2020 with a free public talk by renowned Spanish photographer and photobook maker Cristina de Middel.
The festival, running for the third time in Wellington, continues until Sunday 8 March featuring:
- a special bookfair with photobook publications from independent and small press photographer/publishers from New Zealand, Australia and further afield. A unique opportunity to browse and buy limited edition artists’ books.
- free public talks by leading international and New Zealand photographers and photobook makers
- an exhibition of Chinese and Taiwanese photobooks curated specially for Photobook/NZ
- the announcement of the winners of the Australia and New Zealand Photobook Awards (hosted by Momento Pro)
- a Masterclass on photobook making with leading international and New Zealand tutors.
All events, apart from the Masterclass, are free and open to the public. The festival opens on Friday night at Te Papa and continues 7 – 8 March at Massey University’s College of Creative Arts. Register on our website.