Do you have diabetes and sometimes struggle to manage your blood glucose levels? Do you wonder what you should be eating?
Or, are you a support person confused with what foods to prepare for your loved-one with diabetes?
If so, this course is for you.
The amount and type of carbohydrate you eat affects your blood glucose levels.
A basic awareness of your carbohydrate intake can help you better manage your diabetes and health.
Our Carbohydrate Awareness Course will:
- Help you understand what carbohydrate foods are and how they affect your blood glucose levels.
- Teach you how to measure the amount of carbohydrate you eat.
- Show you how to read labels for carbohydrate quantity AND quality.
- Inform you about Glycaemic Index and its potential role in blood glucose control.
- Provide you with resources and information about how to learn more.
*For people newly diagnosed with diabetes, we recommend you first attend our “Healthy Living” course for a basic understand of diabetes and healthy eating.
These sessions are free to attend. Please register via our website or phone 3575992.