You know those business events where you secretly hope to find an ideal client, or be discovered by someone you could collaborate with, or meet some new peeps who inspire you and where anything potentially magic could happen…. yet, you find yourself watching the clock, scanning for an escape route, or overthinking about how extroverted/professional/successful everyone else is, and what’s wrong with me?
Those events. Where it’s all la-de-da-de-dah, this is what I do, business cards and bullshit about how good business is, afraid you’re turning a beetroot colour when people ask what you do. Those events. We all know them, we’ve all been to them. And we hate them.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
So this is not that! The Un-Networkers is an anti-networking event where you get to be your f’n amazing, authentic self, where you don’t have to worry about whether you have an elevator pitch. Where airs and graces and bullshit is left firmly at the door. Can I get an Amen?!
We know that real connections are made through being who you really are, and not your business card or job title.
So what’s the deal?
The Un-Networkers is a lovingly curated part workshop-and-part networking evening, and we’re going to make it that much easier for you to connect with others and do business on a real level.
There’ll be facilitated conversations, exercises and games, underpinned by the number one rule: NO SMALL TALK ALLOWED.
You’ll be given some guides to conversation starters, there’ll be group work, some deep work, and heaps of connection.
You’ll remember how brilliant you are, and you’ll leave thinking: I can do networking. I am enough. And I’ve made some amazing personal and business connections, and new possibilities for my business have opened up to me.
7:00 – 7:15 Registration and welcome, grab a drink
7:15 – 7:30 Intro, rules, and arriving meditation
7:30 – 8:00 Connection, games and easing in
8:00 – 9:15 Deep questions and group work
9:15 – 9:30 Distribution of prizes
9:30 – 10:00 Gratitude, farewells
* Game-changing connections, conversation practice and insights
* Platters of delicious nibbles (with an open bar to purchase own drinks)
What should I bring?
- Your real f’n amazing self (and business cards only if you want!)
Do I need to print my ticket?
- No, we can check you in by name.
Do I need to register or do you accept walk-ins on the day of the event?
- Please register/pay in advance. Because we want you to have an experience that feels meaningful and worthwhile, we’ve limited the number of attendees to 40 to make it an intimate gathering.
When should I arrive?
- Doors open at 6:45. Please arrive promptly so we can kick off by 7:15. It's important to attend at the beginning when we set the stage for the evening.