What would we do without our brothers and sisters? The ties that bind us together are not always blood related, but it doesn’t make them any less strong. The stories collected here reveal a wide variety of types of whānau. We showcase this year’s Oscar winner for Best Live Action Short Film, `Skin’, alongside short films from Aotearoa and around the globe that remind us of the importance of family.
The films are:
- Harald Kvists Slag För Frihet (The Liberation of Harold Kvist) by Melina Maraki
- 妹妹 (Sister) by Siqi Song
- Skin by Guy Nattiv
- Are You Listening Mother? by Tuna Kaptan
- 安 (Lullaby) by Ray Du
- Elder Birdsong by Shuchi Kothari & Sarina Pearson
- Ani by Josephine Stewart-Te Whiu
- Beseder Gamur (Fine) by Maya Yadlin
Estimated total run time: 105 minutes.
Rating TBC. Contact your cinema for details.