Photographer, lecturer and award-winning publisher Simon Devitt is back with his half-day workshop in which you will discover new perspectives and work on further developing your own visual language through photography. At the end of the day, you’ll dare to experiment more when you are out with your camera and know what it takes to create a photo series that tells a personal story. You’ll also walk away with a high-quality A4 print of one of your photos and the motivation to start new photography projects, such as creating photo albums, photo-books or prints.
This workshop is truly suitable for all levels, and has been enjoyed by photography hobbyists and semi-professionals in the past, who hailed how Simon ‘rattled our camera cages and challenged us to try new tricks’. Bring a device with a camera and a selection of photos you are proud of, and we’ll take care of the rest (including refreshments on arrival).The photo prints are made courtesy of Canon.
Need to know
- Coffee, tea and snacks provided.
- This workshop includes a half-hour meal break. Please bring your own lunch.
- Please bring a selection of six photographs taken by you that you particularly like and are proud of. These have to suitable for printing in A4 (minimum size = 2MB).
- The non-Members price includes a one-year Membership with Auckland Art Gallery.
- Members that have a guest pass added to their membership can purchase an extra AAG Members Guest ticket for a friend.
Maximum attendance: 16
This workshop has a minimum attendance requirement which, if not met, may cause it to be cancelled. If this is the case, those registered will be fully reimbursed.
Photo: Simon Devitt (left) at the launch of his photo book at Auckland Art Gallery, 2018