Hands-on with Android Tablets Workshop Set. This is a new concept from SeniorNet. There are 4 sessions that are linked but can be booked separately depending on your requirements and current knowledge.
- Explore the buttons and controls
- Set-up the Home Screen
- Explore Notification Panels and Indicators
- Set the Apps screen and folders
- Install, Open and Close Apps
- Set up Wi-Fi and Find my mobile
- Lock/unlock the screen and Find My Mobile
- Note types of email and open an account
- The Android keyboard
- Create and send and receive an email
- Use Contacts/People App to send an email
- Send and receive attachments
- Reply to, forward and delete an email
- Check out email folders and labels
- Open a Web page and set a Home Page
- Try tab browsing and use browsing history
- Search the Internet with Google
- Use bookmarks
- Download files and pictures
- Move photos and music to and from a computer
- Read QR and barcodes
- The camera app and controls
- Take photos and videos
- View photos and videos
- Software updates
- Attach a Bluetooth wireless device
- Print files
- Explore Office Apps
Bring your device with its charger to the workshop. If you would like to see if an Android device would suit you, you can have the use of a SeniorNet's device during the workshop. Please indicate when booking that you wish to use one of SeniorNet's devices.
The workshop set runs on 4 Tuesday afternoons for 2 hours from 1.30 pm.
Bookings essential but the workshop set is free to financial members. Must be current members of SeniorNet Glenfield or join (annual fee $30). If you are new to SeniorNet you are invited to attend a Meet and Greet session on a Monday morning between 10 am and 12md. Ring for an appointment.