You know Microsoft Word. Except for a couple of features. Oh, and all the features you didn’t know existed. And, of course, all those tools that don’t seem to behave predictably. You get the idea. Often a limited knowledge isn’t making the most of what Word, or you, are capable of.
What if you could have a course without the droning lectures? What if your Microsoft Word training didn’t require several textbooks and strong coffee?
The BYOL Word Essentials training is hands on and based around creating typical workplace projects. You start with basic document production & editing. You’ll have all the essentials covered. Then you can master more advanced workflow techniques like paragraph styles, tables, macros & mail merge.
Bring your own familiar laptop to work from or we'll supply one free of charge. Mac or PC, in the same class.
Your Word course is led by an instructor whose skills are not just in Microsoft Office products, but in making it understandable for you. You get the help at every step. “No one left behind” is something we take seriously.
We continue to help you after your class with 12-months email support. And if there is any concept or idea that you haven't fully understood we invite you to repeat the course within 12 months completely free.
To be even more helpful, Bring Your Own Laptop gives you exclusive video tutorials that cover every aspect of your training. No other course provider in the country offers this level of in-class and after class support.
We help you at every step, and well after the course, to give you the skills and experience you need to master Microsoft Word.
* It is very common for people to learn Word along with other Microsoft software. Please join our discounted 3 day Microsoft Combo which includes this Microsoft Word course as well any other 2 Microsoft courses.
- Creating a formal business letter
- Creating a monthly company newsletter
- Formatting a long business report adding charts & graphs from Excel
- Creating a timetable schedule using tables
- Creating a company template using corporate fonts, colours & images
- Creating a product overview PDF with basic in interactivity
- Creating a business form
- Printing personalized letterheads & envelopes for client lists
Who should attend:
If you have little or no previous experience in Microsoft Word this course is for you. We'll start right at the basics and work step by step through our projects so no one is left behind. By the end of the course we'll be working with the more advanced features of Word to ensure everyone gets the understanding and value they’re looking for.
This is a relaxed, well-paced course for people new to Word. Only basic computing skills are necessary - If you can send emails and surf the internet then you'll be fine with our course.
What do you need?
- No previous Microsoft Word experience is required.
- Only basic computing skills are necessary - If you can send emails and surf the internet then you will cope well with our course.
- You'll need Word 2016 installed on your laptop. The standard installation or the Microsoft Office 365 version is fine.
- You can bring your own laptop or you can borrow one of ours for free - Mac or PC.