Location, subject, composition, creativity, shooting technique, gear, and editing are some of the ingredients that define an amazing landscape photograph. We will cover all these topics and much more.
Planning your landscape photography will help you achieve better results. We will cover weather, seasons, timing and how to keep yourself safe in the great outdoors. Learn how to research a location and maximise your output by applying our proven approach.
Creativity is a huge part of producing work that is as individual as you are. Learn how to work a scene, about basic rules of composition and how to break them.
We will tackle the technical side of photography in great detail. Learn about different camera systems, lenses, tripods, filters and other gizmos that will help you capture the moment. You will acquire a wide range of techniques that will allow you to vastly expand your photographic comfort zone.
At the end of the workshop, you will have mastered filters, long exposures, bracketing, compositing, focus stacking and panoramas.
During the noon hours, we will retreat to the comforts of our hotel and explore the possibilities of post-production. We will demonstrate best practices, our workflow, and sample edits in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. No previous editing knowledge will be required.
Things you will be taking home:
- A deep understanding of how to plan, shoot and edit a hero image
- Two full and two half days of tuition, shooting, one-on-one time with your teachers
- Three nights’ accommodation in a twin room (double occupancy)
- Conference facilities
- Concession fees as required
- Small group size of up to ten students
- A welcome package full of ever-changing goodies from our kind sponsors
- A forty-page handout
- Our Hero Cheat-Sheet
- Membership to a student-exclusive Facebook group, the Hero Hangout. Share your progress with others and get constructive feedback.
- A $20 discount towards our other half-day workshops
- A head full of ideas