This event is part of Conservation Week 2017 - conservationweek.org.nz.
Join the fight to save Canterbury’s own kākāriki – the orange-fronted parakeet. Once widely dispersed, there are now less than 200 of these birds surviving in in the wild and they are only found in three Canterbury beech-forested valleys. Meet the people and hear from the experts committed to saving our Canterbury icon from extinction:
- Nicola Toki (MC) – Department of Conservation, Threatened Species Ambassador.
- Dave Hansford – Science writer and author of the recent NZ Geographic article on the orange-fronted parakeet.
- Richie McCaw – Part owner of Christchurch Helicopters.
- Andrew Grant – Department of Conservation Scientist and OFP Recovery Group leader.
- Josh Foster – Isaac Conservation and Wildlife Trust.