Come and laugh with us every Sunday morning (no bookings or special equipment necessary).
Laughter yoga employs no humour, jokes or comedy and participants are invited to laugh for no reason at all. Anyone can do it.
Laughter is a form of exercise. The group makes eye contact while taking part in a series of playful laughter exercises, including breathing and gentle stretching. After a short while the laughter becomes infectious and genuine.
Whether fake or genuine, laughter has measurable psychological and physiological benefits:
• the release of endorphins and serotonin;
• decreases levels of stress hormones;
• beats depression and anxiety;
• boosts the immune system;
• increases circulation;
• floods the body with oxygen;
• increases Killer T Cell production, which helps fight cancer;
• is an aerobic exercise; and
• improves communication and creativity.