They can trace their early beginnings to a service in a tent in Clinton in 1854. The first St Mark’s church opened in 1875. Over the years the parish has incorporated churches in the surrounding districts of Clydevale, Clinton, Stirling, Kaitangata and Owaka.
The current church of St Mark in Balclutha was opened in 1960.
They've added a new hall and upgraded facilities, making St Mark’s a well-used venue for many church and community functions.