Orewa SLSC is one of 17 Clubs in the Northern Region.
Orewa SLSC was formed in 1950 by members of Milford SLSC which had fallen into recess. At this time the Estuary outflow travelled north along the beach and ended about where the club now sits. This made the beach quite dangerous and was the reason that the club is sited where it is. In the late 1950s the Air Force bombed the channel in the Estuary and this changed the river out flow straight out to sea.