Join Ken Wright and Shaun Barnett on a 7-day tour showcasing some of New Zealand’s rarest wildlife and most distinctive coastal landscapes. New Zealand’s underrated East Coast is full of surprises including fossilised forests, curious boulders, and outstanding coastal scenery.
We will also observe some of the huge diversity of rare wildlife that this area boasts: penguins, sea lions, fur seals and albatross. This week-long East Coast Tour itinerary takes in the best photographic opportunities the area has to offer. Timing is planned to make the most of New Zealand’s most settled season and catch the last of the autumn colours.
Starting in Queenstown, the tour travels through the Catlins Coastal Rainforest Park, with opportunities to photograph the area’s waterfalls, rainforest, penguins and sea lions. North of the Catlins, we explore the Otago Peninsula, known as New Zealand’s wildlife capital. We photograph southern Royal Albatross and stay at Larnach Castle. Beyond the Otago Peninsula, tour highlights include the Moeraki Boulders and Mt Cook National Park, where we will photograph some of the amazing alpine scenery around New Zealand’s highest peak.
- Amazing wildlife
- Boat trip on the Otago Peninsula
- Stay at Larnach Castle
Locations: Queenstown - Queenstown
- The Catlins Coast
- Otago Peninsula
- Moeraki Boulders
- Aoraki/Mt Cook
- 7-days photography guiding by Ken Wright & Shaun Barnett
- 6 nights hotel accommodation (twin-share, single upgrade available) mostly 4
- 6 breakfasts
- Boat charter on the Otago Peninsula
- Private Yellow-eyed Penguin trip
- Entry to Orokonui Ecosanctuary
- Stay and entry to Larnach Castle
- 3-course dinner at Larnach Castle
- Transport during the tour
- DOC (National Park) concession fees
- Copy of our Pocket Guide to Landscape & Wildlife Photography
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your tour
For more information, go to the official website.