Come join a me as we explore and photography Dargaville and surrounding region on Saturday 4th July and Sunday 5th July.
With two pick-up points in Auckland, we travel in luxury in Mercedes minivans, and return to Auckland, arriving around 5pm the following day.
All levels are catered for – beginners are VERY welcome. The all women, small group provides you with a great learning environment, including expert guidance, instruction and personal attention according to your learning style. You will leave the weekend with increased motivation, inspiration and having met some new photography BFFs
Led by two senior photographer mentors, the all women, small group provides you with a great learning environment, including expert guidance, instruction and personal attention according to your learning style.
If you don't have a camera, don’t worry, I have a selection of quality loan equipment available, contact Lesley to secure your kit.
This two-day tour will take you 175km north of Auckland to Dargaville, a rural town steeped in significant Maori and pioneer history and famed for its giant kauri trees and stunning Kauri Coast beaches.
During this off-the-regular-tourist-trail tour in rural New Zealand, you will enjoy an overnight stay in a three-star Dargaville motor-inn and eat all your meals at local cafes and restaurants, with local wines and beers included.
Your all female, Women in Photography team will help you make the most of the wonderful photographic opportunities at these picturesque Kauri Coast locations:
* Long exposure photographic opportunities of the sun setting over the Tasman Sea at the beautiful west coast surf spot, Baylys Beach
* Photograph the sunrise during a cruise on the Northern Wairoa River in a flat-bottomed river boat called Daisy and learn some of the history of the area’s kauri timber milling industry.
* Ride Dargaville’s historical rail trail on a comfortable converted golf cart. The rail line, once the main line to Auckland, takes you and your camera along the river and through some beautiful farmland.
* Ruawai's wharf on the Wairoa River is a popular resting place for local birdlife
* The historic Ratana church. This tiny, derelict church, built in 1889, is very picturesque, sitting alone and abandoned in a field on the outskirts of the town.
* Street photography opportunity as we walk through Dargaville.
All costs are included, all you need to bring is yourself, camera gear and clothes:
* Breakfast on Sunday
* Dinner on Saturday, including wine, beer and sparking water
* Morning and afternoon teas, Saturday & Sunday
* Twin bed accommodation on Saturday night (2 beds per room). Single room maybe available, depending on the motor-inn at an additional cost of $150
* Luxury mercedes minivan
* Lesley Whyte Photography brand ambassador driver
* Two Lesley Whyte Photography mentors
Auckland Pick-up points:
* Departing at 7.00 am from BP service station, 90 Green Lane East, Remuera
* Departing at 8.00 am from BP service station, 64-66 Tahoroto Road, Takapuna
An equipment list will be provided on booking, but you'll need your camera, lenses such as 18-55 and 55-250, tripod and ND filters.