Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Workshops 10 AM - 1 PM on Saturday 23 May or Sunday 7 June or Saturday 25 July Saturday 14 November 2020.
Join resin artist Andrea Waterhouse and make your own personalised piece of resin art to hang on your wall. You don't have to be an artist to create an incredible piece of high-gloss resin art for your wall, or as a gift. You will be guided through the process in this fun, easy-going, hands-on workshop.
All materials will be provided, along with a myriad of pigment colours and effects to create a unique and bespoke piece of art.
But be warned, resin painting can be extremely addictive!
- Introduction to resin and its uses and where to purchase supplies
- Health and safety when working with resin
- Demonstration using different methods - mixing colours, achieving the desired outcome, using a heat gun
- Two hours of creating student artworks. Each student will create a 400mm round artwork on birch resin board.
The artworks will set overnight and be ready for collection from the following day from Selwyn Community Education.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Knowledge on how to safely work with resin
- Ability to blend colours and create effects
- Understanding of how resin can be used to create art
- Understanding of method to create a resin wall hanging
What to bring: Wear old clothing in case of resin stains. You may wish to also wear an apron or painting shirt. All materials are included within this course fee.
Who should attend? 15+ looking for a new artistic medium to explore.
Our mission: To provide quality lifelong learning opportunities which empower individuals in their personal lives and as members of society.