Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This workshop runs 9 AM - 3 PM on either Saturday 23 May 2020 or Saturday 19 September 2020.
Often when trying to lose weight we make ‘quick fix’ changes to our diet and exercise regime, without addressing the underlying beliefs we have about ourselves and our environment.
This course will help you understand how your beliefs and habits may be helping or hindering you and will explore how you can change these to support your goals.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Understand the fundamental elements of sustainable weight loss
- Explore healthy living as a lifestyle and mindset
- Understand and address your own assumptions and beliefs and around weight loss and well-being –what are they? How are they helping or hindering you?
- Understand the power of habit-based change for weight loss and apply this to your goals.
- Create a personal action plan to help you establish the mindset and behaviors to achieve your goals.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to make long term changes to their overall health and well-being and learn more about losing weight in a sustainable manner. You may have a goal of getting into the best shape of your life or you could be wanting to improve your energy, mobility, mindset and quality of life.
All goals are welcome! This course will cover the key elements of weight loss, however will primarily focus on understanding and building the mindset needed to successfully lose and maintain weight.
To provide quality adult and lifelong learning opportunities which empower individuals in their personal lives and as members of society.