Be part of a kiwi scavenger hunt on the Fairbrother Loop track at the bottom of the Ōhope Hill.
- Look for signs of Ōhope (the resident kiwi in this area)
- Discover kiwi footsteps in the stream
- Smell kiwi poop!
- Listen for Ōhope's tracking signal with an experienced kiwi 'chick pinger'
- Discover the kiwi info houses hidden in the bush
- Meet other locals like the curious piwakawaka (fantail) and toutouwai (North Island robin)
This will be an interactive and fun two-hour session aimed at younger children aged 5 to 8-years. All children must be accompanied by an adult, and a maximum of four children per accompanying adult is recommended.
Please bring a drink bottle and snacks. Please wear appropriate clothing (e.g. warm jacket, raincoat if appropriate) and sturdy, closed-in footwear (e.g. no jandals!).
A gold coin donation/koha is requested. All proceeds will go directly to the Whakatāne Kiwi Trust.