Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Course dates 2020: Each course runs for eight weeks. Each course has classes on Monday AND Wednesdays 6 - 7 PM
Term 1 starts 10 February
Term 2 starts 4 May
Term 3 starts 27 July
Term 4 starts 12 October
About the course
Improve your conversation skills for life and work in New Zealand. Suitable for Upper Intermediate to Advanced English speakers. Focus on speaking and listening.
Maximum class size 16 students. Average size is 12 students.
Qualifying NZ citizens and permanent migrants: Free (subsidised by the Tertiary Education Commission). A minimum of 80% attendance is required.
Temporary migrants: $135. If you are awarded a residency visa while you are studying with us, please let us know. You may qualify for a fee rebate on your current course.
To enrol, please contact the office:
Telephone 09 521 9623
Visit the office at 203 Kohimarama Rd, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Tertiary Education Commission Fee Subsidy
This applies to New Zealand citizens and permanent migrants and refugees. The Tertiary Education Commission offers a full fee subsidy for this course to qualifying students. NZ citizens, permanent migrants and refugees who are offered a place on this course will not be charged a course fee providing you can agree to the following conditions:
- You promise to attend the full term (eight weeks)
- You promise to attend at least 80% of classes
- You prove your right to reside permanently in New Zealand through presentation of your passport or refugee papers before starting your course.
If you are unable to agree to all these conditions, please contact the office to discuss your situation.
- Permanent migrant: student holds NZ Resident Visa or NZ Permanent Resident Visa
- Temporary migrant: student holds Guardian Visa, Work Visa, Student Visa, Visitor Visa or other visas
- Refugee: student has been personally granted refugee status in NZ
Prerequisites: Students must have a minimum of Upper Intermediate English language speaking and listening ability to participate in this class.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.