Our school was established in 1955 by the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch and our founding order was the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Faith. Its purpose, both then and now, remains the same - to nurture and help our young people to learn, love and live the faith. The school motto of "In Faith, Hope and Love Together" was developed over time by the school community and is an expression of both the charism of our founding order and reflective of the school family today.
Our community comprises of our school families and staff, our parish priest, Father Rick Loughnan, and the parishioners of the new Bryndwr parish. As this rightly suggests, our school and parish are in partnership offering both pastoral care and support to our greatest treasure "our people".
The approved maximum school roll is 110, four of whom may be non-preference. Our decile rating is 10.
The school is located a stone's throw from Rugby Park, St Albans, on a back, tree-lined section. It can be accessed from its main entrance at 49 Rutland Street, from beside the Rutland Street shops, or beside the parish church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 58 Somme St.
The school comprises of five classrooms, resource areas and toilets all housed in an L-shaped building. Our grounds contain adventure playgrounds, a grassed area and a netball/basketball court. Our wonderful new library facility opened in October 2010 has added great value to our environment.