Simply the best place in Christchurch to learn a variety of belly dance styles.
Featuring a modern city-chic studio space with mirrors and a wooden floor, the School of Contemporary Belly Dance holds classes 5 days a week, including weekends from beginners through advanced in four different styles of belly dance.
You can choose from daytime or evening classes and six different teachers, they have something for everyone.
5.30pm-6.30pm : Level 3 - Tribal Amy
6:45pm-7:45pm : Mixed Level - Tribal Improv Amy
8.00pm-9.00pm : Level 2 - Tribal Amy
9:30am-10:30am : Level 1 - Oriental Maarie
10:45am-11:45am : Level 2 - Oriental Maaire
6:30pm-7:30pm : Level 2 - Oriental Jane
7:45pm-8:45pm : Level 1 - Oriental Amy
6:30pm-7:30pm : Mixed Level - Folkloric Rachael
7:45pm-8:45pm : Mixed Level - Conditioning Class Rachael
7.00pm-8.00pm : Mixed Level - Sword Amanda
8.00pm-9.00pm : Level 3 - Oriental Amanda
11:00am-12:00pm : Level 1 - Oriental Rachael
12:15pm-1:15pm : Level 2 - Oriental Rachael
1:30pm-2:30pm : Level 2 - Tribal Pip E-Lysaah
2:45pm-3:45pm : Level 3 - Tribal Pip E-Lysaah
4:00pm-5:00pm : Mixed Level - Tribal Fusion Pip E-Lysaah
* To further the teaching, learning and performing of both traditional and contemporary belly dance/Middle Eastern dance styles.
* To nurture the wellbeing of women, men, and children in Aotearoa/New Zealand by providing education in Middle Eastern dance/bellydance.
* To educate the public culturally by offering professional quality performances of Middle Eastern dance forms.
* To offer improved physical health and fitness through a safe, fun form of dance exercise.
* To offer women, men and children an opportunity to improve emotional health and body appreciation through dance practice.
* To nurture creativity by providing a safe environment and quality training for Middle Eastern dance/ bellydance performances.