Transform conflict and difficult situations with co-workers/customers into opportunities by equipping your staff with the skills and techniques required to manage these situations with confidence, professionalism, and pride.
Learn ways to resolve conflict with customers and co-workers, influence successful outcomes and develop a peaceful workplace.
We have all experienced the stress that comes from having unresolved conflicts with our customers and co-workers. Conflicts that are ignored or resolved poorly don’t go away, they cause people to feel resentful and to avoid each other. The effects on the business are a loss of productivity, turnover, and absenteeism. Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict.
This workshop will give participants a six-step process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size. Participants will also learn crucial conflict resolution skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame.
Key learning outcomes:
- Transform conflict into opportunity
- Develop constructive strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour
- Develop communication skills to diffuse the situation
- Increase confidence and assertiveness in dealing with difficult behaviour
- Manage your emotions and deal with stress
- Understand the power of words and how to use them to your advantage
- What are the behaviours that we find difficult to deal with?
- Develop an understanding of how flight or fight reactions prompt difficult behaviour
- Controlling your reactions and choosing how you respond
- Strategies for staying calm and keeping your cool when dealing with difficult behaviour
- How attitudes play a part – What’s it like being on the receiving end of me? How do I come across?
- Dealing with the situation/problem, not the individual
- Dealing with anger, your own and others – Be able to use basic anger management techniques
- Developing communication skills, such as the agreement frame, active listening and open questions
- Applying techniques to deal with difficult behaviour
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Understand the 5 main styles of conflict resolution and be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Speak up assertively and confidently when dealing with difficult behaviour
To book: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 354 5555