We will be based in Russell, in the historic Bay of Islands which offers the perfect place for long exposure photography, wild coastlines, waterfalls, and classic jetties.
With landscape photographers Richard Young and Ken Wright as your tutors, this 4-day long exposure photography workshop showcases the best of the Bay of Islands coastal scenery. Long exposure photography requires the use of Neutral Density (ND) filters to enable longer shutter speeds, which can capture the beautiful and often surprising effects of movement in the water and clouds. Capturing images like this requires good technique, by joining this workshop you’ll be guided through advanced use of ND filters along with HDR techniques, and in the process, learn how to take compelling coastal photographs.
We will base for 3 nights in the excellent The Duke of Marlborough, with the use of a conference room for tuition and post-processing sessions.
If you are flying into Whangarei, we can pick you up from the airport early on the first morning of the workshop to work in with all the connecting flights from all the main centres. We can drop you back to Whangarei Airport or Auckland at the end of the workshop. Or you can meet us at Russell.
- Long exposure photography
- Black & White fine-art photography
- HDR photography
- The beautiful Bay of Islands
- Boat trip on the Bay of Islands
- Coastal landscapes of the Hokianga
- Tuition by Ken Wright & Richard Young
- Boat charter in the Bay of Islands
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at The Duke of Marlborough in Russell
- 3 cooked breakfasts at The Duke of Marlborough
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography
- E-book on masterclass workshop topics
- Two 16x22" Fine-Art Prints from the Epson SC-P800
- Use of Benro filters kits
- Trial of Nikon cameras & lenses
- Transport during the tour
- Whangarei pickup/drop-off
- DOC concession fees
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your workshop
For more information or to book, go to the website.