The Thai Society of Canterbury Inc. in collaboration with the Royal Thai Embassy in Wellington and Tourism Authority of Thailand will be organizing a one-day event of ‘Thai Festival 2020” in Christchurch on Sunday, 8th November 2020 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm. The venue for this event is at the Victoria Square, a beautiful gathering ground on the corner of Colombo St and Armagh St, in the heart of Christchurch City. This festival is aimed at promoting culinary Thai food, culture and tourism of Thailand. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone living or visiting Christchurch to taste a wide range of authentic Thai food covering entree, main course and dessert from all regions of Thailand.
There will be:
- Approximately 10 Thai restaurants across Canterbury on-site selling their signature Thai dishes.
- Displaying of Thai traditional dance and Thai classical music.
- Exhibition of Thai boxing or Muay Thai.
- Beer and Wine marquee.
- Display of Tourism to Thailand and info.
- Cooking demonstration of some popular Thai dishes and Traditional Thai massage on stage.
- Thai food ingredients, handicrafts, and souvenirs will be on sale as well.
- And many more families orientated programs.
This festival is the third major outdoor event organized by the Thai Society of Canterbury for which we expect to draw a huge crowd of more than 4,000 people.