Paralympics New Zealand invites you to be part of a new and innovative initiative! The Para Sport Pop Up is travelling around New Zealand in the lead up to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, telling the story of New Zealand’s 50-year Paralympic history, increasing awareness of Para sport and positively influencing community perceptions of disabled people.
Come and enjoy with your family different ‘have a go’ Para sport activities including:
- Vertical jump test challenge
- Handcycle challenge
- Give Wheelchair basketball a go
- Play a Boccia game
- Get a photo with Someity, Tokyo 2020 mascot
- Blind football virtual reality experience
- Learn more about Para sport
- Meet with Paralympians, Para athletes or local Para sport organisations
- Leave messages of support for the New Zealand Paralympic Team
Please do not attend the event if you have any cold or flu symptoms.
Please register your attendance on arrival using the QR code or sign in book and follow recommended public health and hygiene guidelines.
If there are any new alert level announcements or changes before the event, we will keep you informed of any impacts on the planned event.