Learn some mind-blowing ways to re-purpose old clothing or textiles and in doing so, save money and the planet too.
One million tonnes of textiles are condemned every year throughout the world. All this thrown-away clothing has a potential for recycling and reusing. All clothing has a useful second life, so come and join us to create some amazing re-inventions.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Re-invent textiles into projects of your choice i.e. bags, aprons, cushions
- Alter beloved items from your wardrobe that no longer fit
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of garment alteration
- Source materials and trims to make changes to garments
- Redesign textile items for children’s’ wear and for the home
Bring your sewing kit and garments and textiles that can be altered or re-designed into something completely different e.g. a t-shirt into a bag, a man’s shirt into a dress – any item of clothing or textile of your choice.
Presented by Kim O'Neill