Raranga Flax Weaving on Tuesdays.
Join our popular Raranga Harakeke (Weaving Flax) course and enjoy learning how to Raranga (weave) Whakairo (patterns), Ika (fish), Kete (bag), Piupiu tags and Muka (fibre like rope). Become more familiar with our Harakeke (flax), a Taonga of New Zealand, and learn how to care for it. Enjoy the feeling of self-sufficiency and fulfilment through practicing this art form our Maori ancestors have passed down for all people to love and experience.
Term 4 starts 13th October, 4 weeks
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre. Our Term 3 and 4 programme runs from July to December, 2020, and is now online with flyers available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets.
Learn a Language
Start as a beginner or join us to improve your grammar and conversation! We offer multi-level language classes in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
English for new Kiwis:
Beginners will quickly improve their English skills with our intensive daytime classes. Night classes help English in the workplace and intermediate level fluency and pronunciation. New Zealand residents’ fees are subsidised.
Stay in great shape
Our Healthy Body & Mind Classes are among the most popular held at Parnell Community Centre. Classes in Hatha Yoga, Tai Chi & Qigong and The Art of Dance are all strength and balance classes approved by ACC's Live Stronger for Longer programme. Along with our Pilates classes, they're great for all ages and can help +65 year olds stay stronger for longer and prevent falls.
Discover a hidden talent as you learn or build on your skills from our classes in drawing, painting, artistry of flowers, knitting, calligraphy and Raranga flax weaving.
Be sociable and join in activities at Parnell Community Centre:
Join in one of our fun social groups. One $10 annual fee covers your membership for all social activities, then pay a small fee ($3-$8) per session, which includes tea, coffee and biscuits.
For further details about our community classes and activities, see our website at http://www.parnell.org.nz/classes or contact Olivia on 09 555 5164
Most classes and activities are held in the Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building) at 545 Parnell Road. You’ll find details of all our classes here on Eventfinda and on www.parnell.org.nz
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
1. Enrol online at http://www.parnell.org.nz/enrol; or
2. Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email or post it to us; or
3. Come to the Parnell Community Centre office in the Jubilee Building, opposite the Parnell Library at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) with a Gold Card or people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.