Doc Edge Chorus Goldies - 5 films for the young at heart
Doc Edge is pleased to provide you with this package of films carefully curated for your viewing pleasure. If you are looking for films that appeal to a mature audience (but young at heart), our Goldies selection, presented by Chorus, will provide you with 5 films that will delight and inform you.
A brief summary and screening times for each film in this package is below. For more detailed synopses please visit festival.docedge.nz
We recommend that you purchase this package early to ensure your preferred screening of each film is available.
Once you have purchased your bundle, the films will automatically be loaded into MY LIBRARY on the festival website. Films are available for 36 hours from the time the session begins. Click “Play now” on any film in your library and if it is not screening yet, the countdown will tell you how long you will need to wait.
Please note you are not able to swap a film in the package for another film in the Doc Edge 2020 programme and once purchased this package cannot be refunded.
MY REMBRANDT directed by Oeke Hoogendijk
- What a Rembrandt brings out could be love, jealousy greed — or betrayal. A unique and intimate behind-the-scenes peek into the exclusive world of Dutch old masters.
Wed 24 Jun, 11am
Sun 28 Jun, 1pm
Fri 3 Jul, 7pm
PICTURE OF HIS LIFE directed by Yonatan Nir and Dani Menkin
- Over his decades-long career, he has swum with and photographed anacondas, giant leopard seals, great white sharks, orcas and crocodiles. Now, at the age of 65, he has one more creature to tick off his bucket list - a polar bear.
“If your picture is not good enough, it’s because you’re not close enough.” – Amos Nachoum
Tue 16 Jun, 11am
Sun 21 Jun, 7pm
Wed 24 Jun, 1pm
RICHARD LEPLASTRIER – FRAMING THE VIEW directed by Anna Cater
- Filmed over 15 years, a powerful portrait of a seminal figure in Australian architecture.
Fri 19 Jun, 11am
Tue 23 Jun, 7pm
Sun 28 Jun, 3pm
SAUL & RUBY'S HOLOCAUST SURVIVOR BAND directed by Tod Lending
- Two holocaust survivors return to Poland, to celebrate music and life — in Auschwitz.
“We want to play for the six million people that perished.” — Saul Dreier
Sun 14 Jun, 3pm
Thu 18 Jun, 5pm
Tue 23 Jun, 1pm
THE QUEEN'S MAN directed by Daniel Claridge & Andrew Coffman
- A WTF story on so many levels that you really need to see this for yourself.
Tue 16 Jun, 9pm
Thu 25 Jun, 3pm
Sat 27 Jun, 9pm