Get your dose of vitamin sea with a fun afternoon at the beach.
Learn how to build a sandcastle like a pro. Ngamotu Sandman Carl, will teach you techniques to build sand sculptures and then it's over to you!
Be part of our sandcastle competition, where you will build your own creation.
Bring your own bucket, spade and imagination.
1.30pm- 2pm - Sandcastle lesson/demo with Ngamotu Sandman
2pm - 3pm - Sandcastle building competition
3pm - 3.15pm - Sandcastle judging
3.15pm - 3.30pm - Sandcastle demolition
Some handy sandcastle building tips:
- Bring 2 buckets, one to carry water and one to mix sand and water.
- Bring a spade for each of your sandcastle builders.
- Plastic kitchen utensils, like spatula's and pastry knives are handy to help shape your sandcastle. A soft bristle paintbrush can help smooth edges.
- Decorate your sandcastle with items you find on the sand, like seashells, stones, drift wood or sea weed.
- Have your family or friends to help you out.
- Most importantly, have fun.