Taste international flavours, grilled, smoked, spit-roasted and BBQ'd by renowned Grill Jockey, Raymond van Rijk, at Hawke's Bay Racing this summer.
This unique one-off event will keep the smoke rollin' throughout the afternoon using Argentine Grilling, Asado, Spit Roasting, Barrel Smoking and Parille to cook a wide range of meat, fish and vegetables to perfection. This smokeland experience will be the centre point of 'The Village' of mini marquees at the Hawke's Bay Races, which means you’ll be able to take in the sights and sounds of the races from your group’s personal marquee in the Christmas-themed Marquee Village.
To accompany, there will be a wide range of Villa Maria wines, Three Wise Birds Cider and a selection of New Zealand's most loved beers all included in the package.
- Three-course international grilling extravaganza served by Grill Jockey Raymond van Rijk
- A beverage package including beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks (cash bar for spirits)*
- Live entertainment including music and performers
- Easy access to TAB facilities
- Private marquee within The Village with tables, chairs & umbrella NB: Minimum of 10 people per marquee with a maximum of 14 before another marquee is required.
Brimming with exquisite fresh produce and world-class food and wine, it’s clear to see why Hawke’s Bay is hailed as an epicurean’s dream destination. It’s a tough job knowing where to start, so that’s why we created F.A.W.C! Food and Wine Classic – your one-stop culinary festival that brings together the best on offer from across the region. With 70+ events set in stunning locations over 10 glorious days, Summer F.A.W.C! is proving life doesn’t get better than this.
Make the most of your F.A.W.C! experience by getting someone else to take care of the driving. Find out your options on the Transport page of the F.A.W.C! website.