UPDATE: we plan to go ahead with this day if we return to alert level 1 as expected on Sunday morning. We will make a final decision this Friday the 5th at 4pm. Please check the Taupō for Tomorrow
Facebook for the update.
Fun for the whole whānau celebrating our unique native blue duck - the whio. This year we've decided to double-up - it's also Children's Day, so come along for some extra kid-friendly fun.
- rubber ducky race! Gold coin donation | 1pm
- conservation dog & whio talk | 11am & 12pm
- scavenger hunt | all day
- whio-themed face painting | time TBA
- obstacle course | all day
- conservation displays and demos | all day
- build a trap to take home | all day
- kai for purchase
- competitions and prizes
Hosted by freshwater education programme Taupō for Tomorrow as part of Whio Awareness Month.
This event is also part of He Piko He Taniwha - the Waikato River Festival