All images copyright to Geoff Ridder.
18 Special Stages over 264 kilometres on what is widely regarded as the world’s best gravel rally roads await competitors in the 2021 International Rally of Whangarei brought to you by Mark Cromie Motor Group.
The fast cambered roads of the north will host the second round of the 2021 Brian Green Property Group New Zealand Rally Championship. The event will also see the top 3 registered Drivers from Rally Otago and Rally of Whangarei qualify for a place in the Asia Pacific Rally Championship final in Coffs Harbour, Australia in late November.
We will also have a strong Clubmans field full of both locals and drivers from across the country.
14 May - 2021 Official Rally Start & Ten4 Super Special Stage: Pohe Island, Whangarei
– An evening of action from approx 5.00 pm on Friday 14 May for all ages.
- 5 pm onwards – All rally cars will be on display on the Te Matau ā Pohe Bridge. See the cars up close, meet the drivers, grab an autograph.
- 6 pm – Official opening of the event
- 6:15 pm – First rally car over the start ramp
- 7:13 pm – Ten4 Pohe Island Super Special Stage – All rally competitors will complete the 1km gravel super special stage under lights. Sweeping corners, hairpin bends, under the overbridge, and over the great jump, providing several prime viewing positions. Live rally commentary, plenty of parking - access via Dave Culham Drive off the Riverside Drive roundabout, follow the marshals directions to parking on Pohe Island, or park on the Port Road side and walk across the bridge.
15 May - Special Stages South of Pahia and north of Whangarei
16 May - Special Stages South of Whangarei with the finish at Semenoff Stadium
Kids under 15 are free
Please note the Sat/Sun Day Passes give you access to the spectator spots on all the stages which guarantee safe, good viewing of the rural stages. The Friday Pohe Island pass gets you access to view the stage, the opening ceremony, the drivers autograph session and gets you close to all the action that night. The Gold pass gets you access to all of the above across the weekend. The service park at Cobham Oval is free access.
Rally NZ International Rally of Whangarei Email - firstname.lastname@example.org Phone - 09 276 0882