UPDATE: Due to COVID-19 Level 3 restrictions in Auckland from Wednesday 12 August 2020, we have decided to cancel our Sustainable Market for this Saturday, 15 August 2020. We hope to see you at our next Sustainable Market on Saturday 19 September 2020. Please follow us on Facebook or our website for further updates.
Come and visit Papakura to check out our monthly Sustainable Market.
- South Auckland's unique sustainable market-based in Papakura, at the foyer of Papakura Library and Papakura Museum
- An exceptional array of beautiful locally produced sustainable products and crafts, arts, crafts, knitwear, baby-wear, jewellery, soy candles, plants, upcycled timber creations, to name a few...
Visit Sustainable Papakura's stalls:
- Sustainable Living Skills Workshop - Be Soft Plastic Free - make Beeswax Wraps from $2 to $4 per wrap, depending on the size
- Home Cleaning Products awareness samples to view
- Sustainable Papakura's Recycling Collection Point—toothpaste tubes/brushes/packaging, spectacles, clean coffee pods, small e-waste, batteries, wine bottle caps. Now collecting tins, cans, bread bags and pens
- Compost information and registration for future workshops - workshop on Sunday 23 August 2020 - register via website or facebook
- Home of Papakura's own reusable fabric bag—Awhio Mai Peke—the 'Borrow and Return' bag
- After visiting the market, check out our latest project - Urban Edibles' - 24 planters installed around Papakura. Veggies and herbs are ready for harvesting... remember your produce bag!!
Enjoy a drink and snack from the Twilight cafe, at the heart of the foyer - remember your reusable cup!
NB. please bring cash for the majority of your purchases. EFTPOS is available on one or two stalls.
We welcome new stall holders - visit our website www.sustainablepapakura.org or email our Market Co-Ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further and book a stall.
- Exceptional library
- Papakura Museum (Foyer of the library)
- Papakura Art Gallery, Averill Street
- The Corner Creative Space, O'Shannessy Street - a creative space for young people
- The Warbirds, Ardmore Airport