Show Me Shorts presents an evening of Indonesian short films. Join us to celebrate the cinema of Indonesia with this vibrant collection full of family, friendship, frights, love, and contemplation of the big questions in life.
There are six short films by top Indonesian filmmakers:
- Jagawana (Rangers) directed by Svetlana Dea - Step into a dark Indonesian fairytale as we follow a woman into the forest and get lost in the dark and mysterious world of Jagawana.
- Llop Mougn (Wolf Mind) directed by Oktivani Anggia Rachmalita - A dreamy animation in which, a girl drifts inside her imagination wishing to find certainty within herself.
- Jemari Yang Menari di Atas Luka-Luka (Golden Frames in the Closet) directed by Putri Sarah Amelia - A mortuary cosmetologist faces a dilemma when she receives a call from a mother who has lost her child in an accident.
- Muslimah (Muslim women) directed by Nur Wulandari - In this fascinating documentary we meet Wuhan, an Indonesian Muslim woman who will share her thoughts about the multiple interpretations of Islam from the perspective of a modern Islamic woman.
- Life of Death directed by Jason Kiantoro and Bryan Arfiandy - In this light-hearted animation Death talks about his existence, his job and opinions on human beings.
- Reform directed by M. Ramza Ardyputra - A moving animation set in a dystopian world where villagers pour their hearts content into a communal vessel, and hope for a better world.
The screening takes place in the upstairs function room at The Kingslander. There is no allocated seating, so we encourage you to arrive early. The bar will be open with food and drink available for purchase.
Language: All films screen with English subtitles if not in English
Run Time: approx 63 minutes
Rating: to be advised
Films provided with thanks by: Minikino Film Week