Ras Judah and Culture Embassy is a Wellington-based, 10-piece international multicultural outfit, hence the name “Culture Embassy”.
The band’s musical style is an infusion Afro jazz, roots reggae and world folk. Culture Embassy started in Wellington back in early 2013 as a collaborative music project between Ras Judah and friends. Ras Judah hails from Botswana in Southern Africa. He has been playing music professionally for the past twenty-two years, has recorded three solo albums as well as work on several collaborative projects.
The band membership includes of some of Wellington’s seasoned musicians as well as international musicians.
The current line-up includes:
-Benjamin Ato Baidoo (drums)
- Henry Smithers (bass guitar)
- Ras Judah (1st rhythm guitar/lead vocals).
- Luke (2nd rhythm guitar/vocals)
- Julian Taylor (Lead Guitar and backup vocals)
- James (Trumpet)
- Anantha Nayaranan (Alto Sax)
- Theo Sekeries (Flute)
- Aiko - Trombone
- Rafael Ferrer Noel (congas/vocals)