Fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions can have a profound effect on the body, and often go untreated by therapists. Whether they are memorable scars like an emergency C-section, or less memorable ones like a mole being removed; they can cause significant issues by setting up pulling patterns and restriction that effect the whole body over time.
Scar tissue specialist, Marjorie Brook is coming to NZ in 2020 to share her vast experience and knowledge about this very important work.
What you will learn in this 3-day course:
- The long and short term effects of scar tissue - from the physiological to the
- The wound healing process - normal and abnormal
- How to identify different types of physiological scars and understand their impact
- The indications and contraindications for Scar Tissue Release Therapy relating to
diseases, injuries, joint replacements and ageing factors
- The anatomical, physiological & emotional affects of scar tissue on posture,
circulation and range of motion
- How to differentiate between the types of scar formation and their probable cause
- How to assess fascial restrictions throughout the body
- How to breakdown scar tissue and adhesions from superficial to deep fascia
Instructor massage therapist, with her own private practice on Long Island, NY. Marjorie Brook is an internationally-recognized bodyworker and pioneer in the field of Scar Tissue Release. Marjorie travels globally offering seminars and lectures on the STRAIT (Scar Tissue Release and Integrated Therapies) Method, an innovative and ground-breaking therapy that works with the body, not against it. It is her mission to bring awareness to the public about the damaging effect of scar tissue and adhesions.
“My passion for teaching is most often rewarded when the potential impact of my techniques hits home — I’ve witnessed many “Ah ha” moments as students realise the positive implications for their patients and themselves.”
For more information about Marjorie and her work go to her official website.
A prerequisite to Seminar 3
Dates: Friday 28th Feb – Sunday 1st March 2020
Cost: $795 (Early Bird), $850 (Normal Price)
Combo: x2 Seminars -$50, x3 Seminars - $100
Deposit: $100 on booking (full payment by 31/1/20)
Early Bird Special if fees are paid by (31/12/19)
*A student discount of 10% will be offered during the early bird registration period.
For more information: Sam Lyden (Co-Ordinator)
Mobile: 0210 345 962 Email: email@example.com