Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Courses run over eight weekly evening classes 7 - 9 PM starting:
29 July (Wednesdays)
13 October 2020 (Tuesdays)
To join this class, you will have completed a French Beginners course and will have the following skills:
- Confidence greeting others (familiar and formal)
- Ability to introduce self - name, age, where you live, your profession and information about your family
- Confidence in conjugating verbs to be, to have, in the present tense
- Ability to count to 100
- You will know vocabulary for days of week, months of year
- Agreement of masculine and feminine genders in a sentence
Please note that occasionally students prefer to repeat level courses if they have not achieved the requisite knowledge to move to the next level.
- Revision of content from Beginners course
- Like and don't like
- Additional common verbs in the present tense
- Daily routines
- Vocabulary of food and daily routines
During this course, learners will move towards speaking in French for short periods in the class, using grammar and vocabulary learned to date.
More about our French courses:
- French Beginners (Level 1) - an introduction to basic grammar and common verbs in the present tense.
- French Beginners (Level 2) - expand on grammar and verbs (still present tense).
- French Intermediate - you are already familiar with verbs of first group, irregular verbs, days of week, months, seasons and the time; daily routines and reflexive verbs and basics of grammar (masculine and feminine, singular and plural.
- French Advanced - you should be able to use regular and irregular verbs in the present, future and past and know how to describe using masculine/feminine, singular/plural forms.
Tutor: Isabel Zarco.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.