In this technique based workshop Antonia will share the secret to deep buttoning. Learn the concepts and techniques whilst upholstering your very round ottoman, including: tools & supply needs, how to measure button placement, how to cut and apply foam & wadding professionally, how measure excess fabric, creating the distinctive diamond folds, installing buttons, and padding the base.
Diamond tufting is also called deep buttoning. It is a traditional upholstering technique where fabric is folded around deeply pulled buttons. It is a very time consuming process that requires patience and accuracy, but when mastered the resulting effect is stunning.
You will learn:
- Introduction to upholstery tools
- How to measure for button placement
- How to prepare foam and wadding
- How to measure and mark fabric
- How to create the distinctive diamond pattern folds
- How to install buttons
- How to create a padded base