The Stoned-Em crew, in association with the South Island Spearfishing and Freediving Club, are excited to announce the 2020 Sounds Summer Slam spearfishing competition.
The boundaries of this two-day event are the Marlborough Sounds area, which covers a massive 4000km2! Competitors can either shore dive, use a kayak or boat.
All competitors must:
- Attend the briefing on Friday the 27th November at the Blenheim Dive Centre. Registration starts at 5 pm and there is plenty of parking behind the shop for cars and boats.
- Comply with the rules covered in the “2020 Sounds Summer Slam rules” document (this will be handed out at the briefing).
To keep thing interesting for competitors we have mixed up the species list again. The 7 species for the 2020 event are:
- Blue moki
- Flatfish (flounder or sole)
- Stargazer (monkfish)
Competitors are reminded that the number of species will always win overweight. Therefore, you are encouraged to target the different species rather than ‘up-sizing’ your catch.
After the huge success last year, and the importance of cleaning up the marine environment, the two rubbish categories will once again be a prominent feature
- The best piece of ocean rubbish
- The most ocean rubbish collected
We have some epic prizes lined up for these categories so be sure to keep up with the announcements inside the Facebook group.
Weigh-in starts at 2 pm sharp and you must be lined up with your catch by 3 pm. This will ensure we get the weigh-in completed in a timely manner.
Prizing giving and a BBQ to follow the weigh-in.
So now to the most important question that should be on everyone's mind will it be your name getting etched onto the epic swordfish bill trophy and become part of history?
Pre-register for the event online.