Rotorua’s Family New Year’s event.
GLO Festival is a family favourite on the Rotorua event calendar and is a great way to celebrate the New Year.
Gather with friends and family on the Rotorua Village Green and enjoy entertainment, a family movie, kids activities, great food and of course two legendary fireworks and laser displays.
This New Year’s Eve event is not to be missed so pack a blanket & picnic, grab the kids, sit back, relax and be entertained.
All Day - Mahons Amusements
- 5.30pm - Gates open. DJ begins and food trucks open
- 6pm-8.30pm - More FM Family Fun Zone open
- 6pm - Unbelieve-a-Bubble Science Show
- 6.30pm - Family movie on big screen – Vote for your favourite @RotoruaGloFestival
- 8pm - Range of fun entertainers
- 9.30pm - Family fireworks and laser show
- 9.45pm - Range of fantastic performers
- 11.15pm - Headliner act – to be announced
- 12am - Midnight fireworks and laser extravaganza
- 12.10am - Evening concludes
Please note - To ensure a fun and safe family event the area will be fenced this year. The entry point will be towards the EAT Streat end of Whakaue Street. Gates will open to the public from 5.30pm.
This is a smoke and alcohol free event. To ensure everyone has a good view of the stage and screen no gazebos and tents are allowed.
This night would not be possible without the generous support from Rotorua Lakes Council, Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust, Four Winds Foundation and More FM.