*Due to the current alert level in Auckland, Vodafone Derby will not go ahead as scheduled on Saturday 6 March. Check our website for further information and updates on how the racing still may go ahead*
Auckland Cup Week kicks off with Vodafone Derby Day - a seriously enjoyable day out and one of your last chances to experience what has so far been a sell-out summer of racing at Ellerslie Racecourse before we all hibernate for winter.
Offering something for everyone, Vodafone Derby Day features:
- The Group $1,000,000 Vodafone New Zealand Derby - the race every man, and his horse, wants to win in NZ
- Three best dressed competitions including the national fashions in the field final - The Ned Prix de Fashion; a menswear award and another go with the ladies with the Fashion Qualifier in association with Milford Centre
- Free children's entertainment including pony rides, a mobile barnyard with plenty of cute animals to cuddle, bouncy castle, swingball, plus a range of organised games & activities
- Your chance to "Pick the Winner" and win a $1,750 trip to Queenstown courtesy of Roaring Meg
- Appearances by famous ex-racehorses including x2 NZ Horse of the Year and NZ Racing Hall of Fame inductee, Mufhasa
- Live music including a band after the last race
Add to this good people, live music, another nine races, hospitality precincts to suit any budget, delicious food and a gorgeous March day and you've got a buzz like nowhere else.
Style theme: Black & white (though not compulsory for racegoers or fashion entrants).
- Free parking
- Children under 15 get free general admission
- Senior citizen general admission rates apply at the gate on the day
Timings and details in this listing are subject to change and may be subject to entry conditions; please refer to the event website for the most up-to-date information. Ellerslie Racecourse is a fully-licensed venue and no BYO alcohol is permitted however picnic lunches, gazebos, umbrellas and rugs are permitted in outdoor, public areas on course.