This course is an entry level course in the basics of Google Ads. We cover overview material on the make-up of Pay-Per-Click advertising and the main components of the Ads system. We create a campaign and show you how to structure Ad Groups, Keywords and Ads.
On completion of this course, students should have an understanding of the following:
- Have a basic understanding of what Adwords is and the terminology that comes with
- Adwords such as CPC (Cost Per Click), CTR (Clickthrough Rate) etc
- Learn a bit about the structure of Accounts, Campaigns, Ad Groups and Keywords
- Be introduced to the new Adwords interface and how to navigate around to undertake the
- Understand basic settings at the Campaign level, Ad Group level and we discuss what Quality Score is and the factors that affect it.
- We cover the basics of the Search Ads format and how to set up a basic Campaign and Ad Group. - We go through what syntax is allowed and what is restricted.
- Learn about keywords, negative keywords and ad extensions
- Cover briefly what conversions are and how they can be measured